For updates on the diploma, please visit: DIPLOMA IN BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING.
- Opportunities to work on collaboration projects with NTU, A-Star and more during the course of study in the diploma course
- Allows admission into medical school at the university.
- High percentage of graduates secure places at both local and overseas universities.
- Paves the way for high-paying jobs
The diploma aims to equip students with the knowledge and application of engineering (Biomedical Electronics and Biomedical Informatics) in the biomedical sciences field. Graduates will possess the unique ability to integrate these fields to serve the rapid growth of biomedical sciences industry in Singapore.
To encourage creativity, self-learning and innovation in our students, emphasising these attributes in the context of design of devices, computing skills and understanding processes that meet desired needs in biology and/or medicine.
To prepare our students for diverse careers, from opportunities in biomedical sciences to opportunities in electronics and informatics industries.
About The Course (JAE Code: T38)
The Biomedical Informatics & Engineering diploma offers students a good foundation in electronics, human chemistry and biology. With the fundamentals, students are then trained and exposed to current technologies and engineering applications in the field of medical sciences and biology.
The following core competencies will be developed in the BIE course:
- Computer Programming
- Circuit & Signals
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Devices
The diploma course also equips students with effective computing and communication skills for the work place as well as skills in project planning. It also enhances students’ ability to learn, grow and progress as professionals through various problem-solving techniques and team concepts.
Click on the following links to know more >>>
- Singapore aims to become Asia's biomedical hub
- Biomedical manufacturing grew S$21b in 2009
- Click here for more....
- Video Interview with our graduate, Kelvin Chen Kai Wen
- Video Interview with our graduate, Leong Chee Chew, Bryan
How To Apply
You may apply for this course by selecting one of the following codes in your application to Temasek Polytechnic:
Route (a) T38:
By direct admission to the Diploma in Biomedical Informatics & Engineering.
Route (b) T56:
Through the common gateway programme called Common Engineering Programme.
You then choose this course during a selection exercise after the first semester.
Soh Lay Kuan
Diploma in Biomedical Informatics & Engineering