This project used the DMAIC methodology for continuous improvement of existing processes.
The main objective was to achieve a win-win business strategy between Motorola and Jurong Hi-Tech (JHT) through Back End (BE) cycle time improvement without compromising the quality of the assigned 47N07 and 47N05/N06 modules.
Furthermore, this project aimed to establish a lean transformation program to JHT (Malaysia) modules operation.
- Process modification/simplification
- Batch size optimization
- Process benchmarking
- Reduced 47N07 & 47N05/N06 module BE cycle time by 16.2% & 33.3% respectively
- Improved 47N05/N06 ink mark quality in terms of rework percentage from 10% to 0.1%
- Additional revenue of >S$1M per year
- Reduced 47N05/N06 headcounts and achieved cost saving of S$24K per year
Process Improvement Strategies
Part of JHT BE Modules Operation